Pet Preventative Care from Your Park Hills Veterinarian
Pet preventative care is important for keeping your pet healthy. At Park Hills Animal Hospital, we provide a variety of preventative services to pets from Park Hills and the surrounding area. All pets benefit from preventative care. Bringing your pet to the Park Hills Animal Hospital can help your pet stay healthy, extend your pet’s lifespan and improve your pet’s quality of life.
Preventative Care Services At Your Pet’s Animal Hospital In Park Hills
As your pet’s Park Hills animal hospital, we take preventative care very seriously. Below are some of the most common pet preventative care services that we offer to pets the Park Hills area.
- Wellness exams. Wellness exams help us catch serious illnesses and chronic conditions in their early stages. During our wellness exams, we examine your pet’s skin, fur, eyes, ears, teeth, heartbeat, breathing and other physical attributes. We also take a sample of your pet’s blood or feces to run tests and help ensure that your pet is healthy. If we diagnose your pet with a condition, we’ll make recommendations for treatment. We recommend bringing your pet in for a wellness exam at least once annually to ensure that your pet is healthy.
- Fleas, ticks and heartworms prevention. Protecting your pet from fleas, ticks and heartworms is important for Lyme disease prevention and prevention of other illnesses. We recommend a variety of preventatives to help ensure that your pet will be safe from fleas, ticks and heartworms in Park Hills.
- Vaccinations. Vaccinations are important way to prevent your pet from catching a serious illness or deadly disease. Vaccinations can protect your pet from conditions like rabies, Bordetella and distemper. We administer a variety of core and non-core vaccines to ensure that pets get the vaccinations they need to avoid common conditions.
- Spaying and neutering. Spaying and neutering can help prevent unwanted pet pregnancies and slow the growth of the pet population in our community, thus preventing pets from filling shelters. In addition, spaying and neutering can improve your pet's behavior and can even extend your pet’s lifespan. We can answer any questions you might have about spaying and neutering so you can decide for yourself whether or not your pet will benefit from this procedure.
- Pet dental exams. During our pet dental exams, we’ll inspect your pet’s teeth and gums to identify problems like plaque buildup, periodontal disease and more. If we determine that your pet needs additional dental care, like a cleaning or cavity filling, we’ll make recommendations for further treatment.
Contact Your Pet’s Veterinarian in Park Hills
As your pet’s veterinarian in Park Hills, we offer a variety of preventative care services to help ensure that your pet can avoid chronic conditions and serious diseases. To make an appointment for your pet’s next wellness exam, vaccinations, spaying and neutering or another preventative service, contact us today at 859-581-5200.